Bentonite clay is an ancient form of clay that has been around for centuries all over the world. It is formed from volcanic ash which has been there for many thousands of years before being mined. Predominantly, bentonite clay has been used by various cultures under various names in their skincare routine. It has numerous other uses as well but let’s focus on actively incorporating it into our daily skincare routine.
Benefits of Bentonite clay powder on the skin as a daily regimen
- World over, doctors, scientists, dermatologists have pored over the biggest skin problem, pimples or zits, popularly known. And came up with multiple answers whilst the biggest solution lay at nature’s hand, Natural bentonite clay. Products made from bentonite clay powder unblock the skin and dry the pimples out.
- From archaic times to the world of instant everything, Bentonite clay products have been known for their anti-bacterial abilities. It destroys bacteria and stops breakouts resulting in good, healthy skin.
- Using bentonite clay for skin is ideal for any skin type but works wonders on oily skin since oily skin is prone to more infections. Due to the inherent magical qualities it possesses, it shrinks pores right away while deep cleansing them simultaneously.
- Backs healing in many ways, especially the age-old acne which has proved to be of nuisance value the world over. Due to its high absorption quality, bentonite clay for skin can remove toxins after application while concurrently releasing vitamins and rich minerals in the cleansed pores resulting in a blemish-free complexion.
Bentonite clay for skin use
As it provides great nourishment to the skin, it is a good idea to incorporate Bentonite clay products in our skincare routine. The market is flushed with multiple products from skin masks, hair masks to soaps and toothpaste.
Here are some of the many products that contain Bentonite clay powder and work wonders for the end-user. Not only are off the counter products widely available, but there are also multiple recipes available on the internet for this ancient mineral and its wondrous properties.
1. Clay mask for the face: Bentonite clay for skin should be used once or twice a week for thorough cleansing of the skin. It removes impurities from the face by deep cleansing and unclogging pores. Best used with apple cider vinegar as it is acidic and the mineral and the acidic qualities when mixed together and applied to make the skin healthy and shiny.
2. Hair mask: Due to pollution, our hair gathers a varied amount of pollutants that are harmful to our scalp and result in hair-fall, dandruff and alopecia. Besides that, regular usage of chemical based shampoos, conditioners and what-nots result in build-up of the products and minerals. Bentonite clay powder helps in removal of everything and keeps the hair and scalp squeaky clean.
3. Detox-Bath Bombs: Relaxing in a bath-tub, soaking in the goodness of the combination of warm water and natural bentonite clay works actively in soothing tired muscles and rejuvenating the skin. As well as being a natural exfoliator, the minerals in bentonite clay powder detox the largest organ of our body, our skin.
4. Deodorant: Although not too many deodorant brands out there are using bentonite clay for skin in their products, it would be a great idea to market it as such because most deodorants are chemical-based which block pores and don’t allow sweat to be released. This causes a build-up of harmful toxins. Using a DIY deodorant consisting of bentonite clay powder will keep the pores unclogged resulting in one smelling fresh for longer periods of time.
5. Clay Soap bar: Can anyone refute bathing with a natural, handmade bentonite clay soap bar? The reasons are so many and have been collated so many times, it’s futile to contradict them.
6. Toothpaste: Since natural bentonite clay is rich in minerals like magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron, sodium etc., it is the best bet for oral hygiene. Keeps the teeth shiny and the gums healthy. Its anti-bacterial properties keep the mouth clean and fresh.
Beauty is power, a smile is its sword
Natural bentonite clay is the weapon to achieve it. Coupled with other ingredients or by itself mixed with just water, slather it all over your body or face, it will give the desired effect of radiance.