Natural Calcium Bentonite Clay is the more popular retail name for the type of a very soft group of minerals found in Montmorillon, France. The generic name being Montmorillon Clay, it is a hundred percent natural clay powder procured from the archaic times. Although it gained its popularity after being discovered in Fort Benton, Montana in 1898 thus getting the more common name, Bentonite Clay.
Also cited as healing clay, living clay, Indian healing clay, Aztec clay etc., Bentonite Clay minerals are of two types mainly: Sodium Bentonite Clay and Calcium Bentonite Clay. The main difference between the two is the presence of the more assertive mineral.
To help understand the difference a tad more, here are some points to look at :
- Bentonite Clay Granules are odourless. If there was an odour found, it indicates some additives have been added.
- Bentonite Clay Minerals can vary in colour. Organically from a greenish-gray tone to a cream colour which is approved as the sources vary. But if it is a bleached white tone then it implies that there are added fillers in it.
- After mining the Bentonite Clay Minerals, they are dredged to separate any dirt or silt first. Food grade Bentonite Calcium Clay Granules and Cosmetic grade Bentonite Calcium Clay Granules are then tested for any contaminants and mineral content. Industrial Bentonite Clay is processed chemically for using further. Which inherently means that one can purchase the different grade clays at their appropriate vendor/stores.
- While buying Bentonite Clay Supplement, one should look at the packaging and label for a stamp or certification from the country of purchase certifying the food grade Bentonite Clay. Sometimes, if the process hasn’t been followed thoroughly there is a chance some lead can be left behind causing a potential lead poisoning risk. If a person wants to use bentonite clay for its medicinal values, they should look for a product labeled as safe for internal use from a reputable brand or source.
- Natural Calcium Bentonite Clay is used widely in Cosmetics. Bentonite Clay minerals are acclaimed as the King of clays in the beauty world. It is used as a detoxifier of the skin due to its natural antibacterial properties and how it helps remove the impurities from the skin. A deep pore cleansing must, it is used in many masks mixed with other ingredients or individually. Because of its inherent absorptive nature, it has proved to be an impressive and compelling treatment against acne. So, buying Bentonite Clay from reputed cosmetic companies would prove profitable.
- Bentonite Clay Supplements are an excellent source for collagen production in our body. There has been much scientific research done on it and Bentonite Clay Supplements have proven to significantly retain and accelerate collagen production with usage. Not only does it have medicinal properties and can be ingested in small amounts, it has excellent healing properties and can help heal wounds and allergies. Because of these properties, it has made a mark in the medicinal and alternate healing world. Acclaimed for its name as living clay or healing clay due to its healing nature, it has garnered popularity all over the world.. Since most of the Food and Drug Administrative Laws across the globe are not too stringent and have many loopholes, Bentonite Clay Supplements should be bought under guidance if it is for ingestion especially and not some over the counter brand.
Finally, let’s ponder upon the essential properties of Bentonite Clay Mineral because in the times as now, people are turning to natural healing consciously. Herbalists, aestheticians, healers, nutritionists, cosmeticians and even some doctors and scientists have mutually agreed upon the immense benefits of Bentonite Calcium Clay and called it a ‘Superfood”.